Big Data Ignite is pleased to be offering 5 workshops on Monday.
- Causal Inference: Using Expert Knowledge to Inform Interventions
- Felix Elwert | University of Wisconsin – Romnes Professor of Sociology and Biostatistics
- An Intro to Deep Learning with Multi-layer Perceptrons
- Eric Anderson & Dr. Katy Rey | Steelcase, Inc. – Data Scientists
- Introduction to Apache Kafka
- Mark Fei | Confluent –
- Data visualization for the web (and beyond) with D3.js
- John Muyskens | Washington Post – Graphics Editor
- Hands-On With Google Cloud: Understanding & Munging Your Data (afternoon only)
- Adam Yatooma | Google Cloud Customer Engineer
With the exception of the Google Cloud workshop, each workshop runs 8-12 and 1-5. The Google Cloud workshop is in the afternoon only. (Those attending the Google Cloud workshop in the afternoon are welcome to attend the morning session of one of the other workshops if they like.)
How do I register for a workshop?
If you purchase a ticket for Monday or an all access pass, you will be given an opportunity to select a workshop as part of registration.
How do I change my workshop selection?
If you would like to modify your workshop selection, you can do so as follows.
- Locate your email receipt from Eventbrite for BDI 2019. (Alternatively login to Eventbrite, locate your ticket online, and jump to step 4.)
- Scroll down the email and click on “View and manage” like below:
- Login to Eventbrite.
- Now the tickets for BDI 2019 can be seen:
- Click on the BDI logo or the verbiage next to the logo to see ticket details like below:
- Click on “Edit” like above and scroll down to make your workshop choice.
- Please make sure to click “Save” after all changes are done.
Is Lunch Provided?
Should I bring my laptop?
Yes. Most of the workshops will include substantial hands on portions.