GVSU Graduate Students
Grand Valley State University
The graduate student panel consists of five students all currently attending Grand Valley State University.
- Abbie Zysk received her B.S. in Statistics from Grand Valley, and is currently pursuing her M.S. in Biostatistics. She currently interns at QST Consultations, and plans to go on towards a PhD.
- Katie Ware received a B.A. in Mathematics, and is currently pursuing an M.S. in Biostatistics. She works as a Graduate Assistant for GVSU’s College of Nursing and interns at Spectrum Health Office of Research, and plans to work in a research hospital or clinical setting.
- Sydney Steinaur comes all the way from Iowa State University where she received a B.S. in Statistics, and is currently pursuing an M.S. in Data Science and Analytics at GVSU. She currently works as an Advanced Analytics Analyst at Steelcase.
- Rachel Baxter received her B.S. in Biology from Grand Valley, is currently pursuing an M.S. in Biostatistics, and is certified in Genetics and Genomics from Stanford’s Center for Professional Development. She currently works as a Graduate Assistant for GVSU’S Physician Assistant program and interns at the Spectrum Health Office of Research.
- Lex Drennan, who currently works as a tutor in the GVSU Writing Center, is pursuing her M.S. in Data Science and Analytics. Previously, she received her bachelor’s degree in Business Management from the University of Queensland and a master’s degree in Public Administration from Griffith University.
The panel will be moderated by Samantha Milano, a Data Scientist from General Motors. Samantha is a GVSU Alum who received her B.S. in Statistics, and was the first female graduate of the Data Science and Analytics master’s program.