Join Us as a Speaker
Do you have something to share? Submit an abstract to be considered as a speaker at Big Data Ignite 2019.
See all of the speakers to-date at Big Data Ignite 2019!
Speakers 2019 List ›
Day 1 (Monday) is Workshop Day
We are again planning several full-day hands-on workshops on a number of topics presented by experts in big data tools and by some of our sponsors. We’ll be posting details about individual workshops as information become available.
Confirmed Monday Workshops (We have another workshop or two in the works, pending final confirmation; stay tuned.)
- Felix Elwert, University of Wisconsin, Causal inference for machine learning
- John Muyskens, Washington Post, Data visualization with D3.js
- Mark Fei, Confluent, Kafka
- Eric Anderson and Katie Rey, Steelcase, Deep Learning
Days 2 and 3 (Tuesday and Wednesday)
Days 2 and 3 (Tuesday and Wednesday) will have presentations in a variety of formats, including plenary addresses, invited talks, panel discussions, and break outs.
Day 2 Highlights
- Sheldon H. Jacobson (University of Illinois) will give a keynote address on AI and Big Data in Public Health
- Kent Stroker, IoT Infrastructure Workshop (It’s a workshop, just not on workshop day. Included with Tuesday registration.)
- Second Annual FOIA Fest will be taking place as part of Big Data Ignite this year.
- Pulitzer Prize winning data journalist, John Muyskens (Washington Post).
- Jowei Chen (University of Wisconsin) will talk about gerrymandering and computer simulations on election day.
- West Michigan R Users Group meeting within a meeting.
Day 3 Highlights
- A thread of presentations with an emphasis on business use cases throughout the day. Invite your manager to attend!
- Tim Merkle (Steelcase) will give a keynote address on Dynamic Calibration — How leaders can win the digital age.
- A panel discussion with regional industry leaders.
- A case study presented by the Big Data Ignite Research team.
- A talk by Anthony Shkrelja (Fiat Chrysler) on The Culture of Experimentation.
- A presentation by Brian Tol (Spindance) on Leveraging IoT To Unlock Insights.
- Jowei Chen, University of Michigan
- David Corliss, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
- Keli Christopher, STEM Greenhouse
- Timothy Merkle, Steelcase
- Sheldon H. Jacobson, University of Illinois
- John Muyskens, Washington Post
- Dave Schnurstein, Grand Rapids Police Department
- Anthony Shkrelja, Fiat Chrysler
- Brian Tol, Spindance
- Francesa Valsecchi, IDEO